Saturday, January 9, 2010

Word Prompt: Pulse

As the music blared from the speakers with Timbaland’s hypnotic beats, the three of us danced as though we were the only ones there. Girls night out was the highlight of my week. Anything could be solved with drinks and dancing with my besties. Tonight we wanted to solve the problem of my dry spell. I was thisclose to joining a convent even though I wasn’t Catholic.
Rose and Alice showed up at my apartment at six o’clock with an arsenal of products and clothes. After they made sure I was exfoliated, shaved and moisturized the beautification of Bella began. At least 3 different hair products were used and that was just when it was wet! I swear this was their favorite pastime. With my hair and makeup done the final phase was about to begin. The outfit. Alice poured me into the black mini skirt while Rose picked out a top. It was a black corset that made my boobs look amazing. Black high heeled boots completed the ensemble. Did I mention how serious they were to solve my problem?


So here we are at our favorite club Karma dancing the night away. There were few guys who felt brave enough to come up to us. We never understood that. We were hardly stand-offish and always thought we seemed approachable. Whatever, right now there were no good prospects. Hell, there were no so-so prospects. That’s when Alice spotted them. Three of the most gorgeous guys standing at the bar surveying the dance floor. All at once their gazes fell on us and the blonde with the mop top zeroed in on Alice. She flashed him her best come hither smiled and then we continued to dance. The one to the right of Alice’s blonde was a huge guy with short dark hair and to his left was the most beautiful guy I had ever seen. He had reddish-brown hair that apparently had a mind of its own as it was all over the place. The boy had the best sex hair I had ever seen.


After a few minutes we all looked over again but they were now turned towards the bar. That’s when Alice decided it was time for refills. She danced her to way to the bar keeping a polite distance from the gods. Rose and I watched as she waved Seth, our favorite bartender over to her. He cast a quick look at the guys and shrugged his shoulders. Obviously he did not know them. As he was getting our drinks ready, the blonde looked over to Alice but she completely ignored him. I guess we were playing hard to get. Sam, one of the other bartenders approached them and sex hair gave him their order. Before he could walk away though the blonde said something to him. He nodded towards Alice and Sam gave a big smile. The next thing I know Sam is looking and pointing towards Rose and myself. We quickly looked away as we continued to dance. It was beginning to look like the night might actually be picking up.


Alice made her way back to us and handed our drinks. She told us that Seth had no idea who they were and asked us what was so funny as we began to laugh. I explained to her that it looked like the blonde had asked Sam that same question. She looked back and frowned when she couldn’t spot them at the bar. Just then Justin Timberlake’s “Future Sex/Love Sounds” came on and we were in heaven. This was our favorite song to dance to. As we bumped and grinded with each other, I fell the skin in the back o f my neck prickle. Suddenly I could feel someone start to dance behind me. I looked at my girls with a raised eyebrow silently asking if this guy was worthy. Before they had time to give their opinions I saw blondy and the Hulk approach Alice and Rose. I squeed inside like a fan girl when I realized it must be sex hair. He then put his hands on my hips and drew me to his chest.


“May I have this dance?” he whispered in my ear. I felt a jolt of pure desire shoot through me. All I could do was nod my head. I could feel the bass from the song in my chest and combined with the way he was holding onto me and our hips swayed in synchronization I was praying that my dry spell was broken. His left hand began to trail down my hip onto my bare thigh and the goose bumps sprung up. I shivered a little and he rubbed my thigh a little more mistaking my actions for being cold. I was so far from cold it wasn’t funny. I felt like my body temperature was spiking just from his touch alone.


He brought his mouth back to my ear and said, “I’m Edward.”

I lifted my left hand and drew his face down towards me so that I could speak to him.

All I said was, “Bella.” But I let my lips touch the shell of his ear ever so gently.

By this point I was so turned on I was surprised I could function. The only thing rivaling the pulse of the music was the throbbing that was now routed in between my thighs. Deciding that I needed to feel more of him, I turned in his arms to face him. Holy shit, I thought. He had the most amazing green eyes I had ever seen. He gave me a half smirk which I’m sure was his signature move. And I didn’t care one bit at that moment if tit was. After all I was just looking for a quick fix, right? He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me as close as he was able to. I felt every muscle of his body against mine. I took a deep breath and his scent filled my senses. I was a goner. We didn’t speak again and after three more incredibly erotic dances he led me off the floor.


All the tables were occupied so we stood against the wall and I noticed he still held onto me. Now I can’t tell you what came over me because I am in no way a forward person but I knew I would regret it if he were to walk away without me ever knowing what his luscious lips tasted like. So I did the unthinkable. I made the first move. Grabbing the back of his neck, I fisted his hair and brought his mouth down to mine. His lips were soft and warm and before I had time to second guess myself, I nibbled on his lip and then slid my tongue out and lightly grazed where I had tasted him. That was all it took. His chest rumbled and he pulled me even closer as his tongue invaded my mouth. That tongue. Poets created sonnets, philosophers created epics and yes, I heard the angels sing all for this boys tongue.


We ravaged each other’s mouths right there, standing up against a wall in a club. I was one of those girls and I loved every minute of it. Our hands roamed each other’s body’s seeking out skin and I moaned as his hand found the bare skin of my lower back. I had to step back for a moment to catch a breath and to just think. I looked up at him and the unmistakable look of desire was in his eyes. My heart beat accelerated as he touched my cheek with the back of his hands making a soothing up and down motion. It was such a tender thing for him to do. Our eyes locked and we gave each other an honest smile.


For the second time that night, I did the unthinkable. I took a chance. The biggest leap I have ever taken. I gave him a soft kiss on his lips, grabbed his hand and waved to my friends. Suddenly this felt like it may be more than a quick fix and the possibility of more began to form in my head.

1 comment:

  1. oooohhh. you could so keep going with this...

    "Suddenly this felt like it may be more than a quick fix and the possibility of more began to form in my head."

    ReplyDelete