Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WitFitDevastation

Dear Bella,

I hate to do this in a letter after all the years we have spent with each other but I find there is no other way. By now I’m sure you have realized that I have moved out. In fact I am moving in with Tanya, my dental hygienist. I have not been happy with you for some time and Tanya has brought love back into my life. All I can do is say that I am sorry to not have done this in person. I think that one day you will see that this is for the best and hopefully will find love again.

Jacob

The drowning feeling began almost immediately. I fell to the floor as I gasped for air. The tears began to just roll down my face and for the first few minutes there was no sound. Then came the sobbing which made it even harder to try to breathe. I managed to drag myself down the hall into my bedroom. I went right to the bathroom, stripped off my work clothes and put on my comfy pj’s. Grabbing my security blanket that Nana Swan had knitted me when I was born, I pulled down all the shades, got into bed and let the tears loose for round two.

I must have fallen asleep because I awoke to my cell phone ringing. I pressed the ignore button without checking to see who it was. Never before, have I felt such desolation. The one person I have ever trusted, have ever truly loved had left me. For a dental hygienist. The burning in my chest was not lessening as the spasms from my sobs racked my body again. My whole life had fallen apart in six sentences. He didn’t even have the courage to tell me to my face. But regardless, I loved him. He had time to fall out of love with me, this was all new to me. Can you learn to not love someone anymore?

The pain washed over me again and this time I welcomed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment