Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have to say that so far this was my favorite and I had fun writing it.

Prompt: You wake up and go to the bathroom. You look in the mirror and a different face is staring back at you. Begin your story.


Exactly how much did we drink last night? I thought to myself as I stared at myself in the mirror. Not because I looked haggard and hung over but because I looked like a boy. And I was most definitely not a boy. So I did what any sane girl would do when she woke up in the morning, looked in the mirror and saw her boyfriend’s gorgeous green eyes staring back at her.

I screamed. Real loud.

All of a sudden there was pounding on the door and my boyfriend, Edward, was yelling my name. I walked to the door but before unlocking it, I cast another glance towards the mirror to see if I was maybe just seeing things. Nope, I wasn’t. I still had Edward’s face.

“Baby,” he said, “please, please, unlock the door.

“I’m going to, but I need to warn you about something.”

“Bella. Sweetie you’re really starting to scare me.”

“You ain’t seen nothing yet,” I mumbled.

“Edward, something happened last night and I’m not sure what exactly but you know how some people see themselves differently in the mirror?”

“Um, yeah but what does this have to do with you screaming?”

“Well, apparently I woke up with your face this morning,” I said as I opened the door. And proceeded to scream. Again. And again.

Staring back at me, like I had totally lost my mind was me. But the voice was all Edward.

“What the fuck Bella? How much did we drink last night?” Ahhh great minds.

“Do you really think I know what’s going on? Like this is something I would’ve been able to do?”

“Ok, let’s be calm about this.” Calm? Is he serious? Has he met me?

“Let’s just think about everything we did yesterday.”

We woke up, went to class and work, met for dinner and then went drinking with our friends. It’s the same thing we’ve done almost every day for months. What could have possibly been different? And then it came to me. We had gone to a new Romanian restaurant that recently opened up in our neighborhood. Some of our friends had been there and said they had excellent food and the family supposedly was gypsies that dated back for generations.

As I told Edward this I noticed he was playing with my- er, his breasts.

“Stop groping yourself asshat and be serious!”

“Babe, I’ve got boobies! This is kind of awesome.”

Yes, my brilliant boyfriend lost his entire IQ because he had tits now. Boys.

“Edward,” I said, “I understand your new toys are a bit distracting but in case you haven’t noticed. I HAVE YOUR FUCKING FACE!”

That got his attention. Twenty minutes later we were dressed and leaving our apartment to walk down to the restaurant. It took us that long because dipshit wanted to go braless. I just may break up with him if we ever figure out what happened. But as we walked I noticed something strange. All these guys kept staring at him! Now, I know my man is hot and yes there have been men that stared before but this was ridiculous.

“Edward? Did we move to a heavy populated gay community?’ I asked.

“No,why?”

“All these men keep staring at you!”

That got a laugh from him. “Bella you just don’t see yourself clearly do you?” Huh?

“They are looking at me because I look like you,” he said gently.

I repeat, huh? “Baby, how many times do I have to tell you how beautiful you are before you finally believe me?”
Then it actually clicked. They weren’t staring at Edward-Edward. They were staring at Bella-Edward.

“Isn’t that what I just said?” he asked.

“And by the way, not to toot my own horn but you are getting checked out too.” Smug bastard. He knows he looks like a Greek god. But I still smiled up at him because yeah, he was that hot. And I did what any girlfriend would do when staking her claim. I kissed him. Her. Me? This was way to disturbing. Apparently he thought the same because we pulled apart at the same time.

“Weird,” we both said.

As we approached the restaurant I remembered thinking last night what it would be like to be Edward. Not because I wanted to be a guy but because I always wanted to know why he was with me. It just didn’t make sense to me. And then there was the wishbone that our waiter had told us to break and wish on. It split in half. Oh shit.

“Edward, when we broke that wishbone last night what did you wish for?”

“Uh, I didn’t really wish. I was actually wondering what it would be like to be able to read your mind.” Oh shit. What the hell was this Freaky Friday?

“Why’d you want to know?” he asked while he opened the door for me. We heard a loud buzzing noise as we entered. The same hostess from last night began to approach us.

And I woke with a start. There was sweat running down my face and I was panting. WTF? That was some weird dream I thought as I rubbed my morning wood, thinking Edward might be in the mood. Wait, I have wood?

1 comment: