Friday, January 1, 2010

WitFit: Afterglow

Ok, so here is my first entry for the Wit Fit. Please be gentle...

Prompt: Afterglow

As I laid there sweating and panting, I thought back to those moments that brought us to this point. Meeting him for the first time, our first date, our first kiss. It all culminated into this moment, this feeling. My love for him was all I could focus on. Well, that and the intense pressure I felt in between my legs. This was getting to be a little too much for me. I mean, yes I loved him. Truly I did, he was my heart, my home. And I was about to rip his head off. Or at the very least, his other head. The one that got me into this current situation.

After two years of marriage we had decided to start a family. But now, as I am about to give birth to our child, I’m thinking it must have been his idea. Would I have really agreed to this if I had known how much it was going to hurt? Or how much I would hate him for telling me to “keep taking deep, cleansing breaths”? He may never have sex with me again. Poor bastard. And whose idea was it to have a natural childbirth? Surely it must have been him, what sane woman would agree to this when they could have drugs? Natural my ass.

As the nurses, doctor, my husband and the nursing student- wait, they let a student in here?- kept encouraging me to push and breathe I couldn’t help but think which one was going to feel my wrath first. I’m sure that student would’ve made a great nurse. Then I mentally made a list of all those women who told me that childbirth was “no big deal”. Lying, deceitful bitches! As I pulled the knives out of my back that my fellow “sisters” had left, the doctor told me to give one more good push and it would be over.

I breathed, I pushed, I squeezed his hand. And then I heard the most beautiful sound. A high-pitched scream and cry announced to everyone in the room that our baby girl had arrived.
As he pushed the wet hair that was plastered to my face to the side, he gave me that smile that got me to this place, you know- the one that makes the panties drop, added to the tears that were streaming down his face and I knew that I would do this all over again for him.
Then they laid my beautiful daughter on my chest and as my heart swelled with love for the tiny person that was part me and part him and I knew I would do it again.

For us.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any kids, but from what I understand this is totally believable. Great job on your first WitFit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't either but I have got to see one being delivered.

    ReplyDelete