Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prompt: Word Prompt: Jealous with Dialogue Flex: “I could have sworn I saw…”
Rated:M, Alice and Jasper, a bit of angst




“You are insane,” he said.

“Am I? Am I really?”

“Yes. You are. I’d even go as far as to say you are bat shit crazy!”

“Bat shit crazy? You son of a bitch! How dare you stand there and say things like that to me!”

“Well what else do you want me to say Alice? You’re acting so out of character I don’t know what to think! You’re standing here accusing me of…”

“All I said was that I could have sworn I saw you leaving the Forks Hotel with Bella. I didn’t accuse you of anything Jasper. But now that you mention it maybe I should be accusing you.”

“Why would I be at a hotel with your best friend and my best friend’s girlfriend?”

“At first I would have said that maybe you met for lunch, but me thinks the man doth protest too much!”

“Oh great, quoting Shakespeare. Lovely. For the last time, you did not see me leave the hotel with Bella. Can we go eat now?”

“Well I saw someone who looked a whole hell of a lot like you with Bella. And I know it was her.”

“Alice, I’m not sure what you want me to say. I don’t particularly like where this conversation is going to go. If you can’t believe me, there’s nothing more for me to say.”

“All I want is the truth Jasper. I’ve noticed lately how the two of you sometimes get lost in your own conversation. The little glances you pass one another. I know she texts you. I think I deserve an explanation.”

“Since when is it a crime to talk to my friend? For the record, she is one of my best friends too. I wasn’t aware you needed to know everything we talked about.”

“You just keep dodging my questions! And so you know, I asked Bella and she is giving me the same story. It wasn’t her, she was at work all day. Have you thought what this would do to me? To Edward? The four of us have been friends since high school. We have been dating since 10th grade. I gave you all of me! How could you do this to us?”

“For the last time. I. Didn’t. Do. Anything. With. Bella. And what about what you’re doing? You have so little faith in me? In us that you would think I would do anything that would hurt you? Especially something that would hurt all of us? You think your best friend would do that to you? She loves you. I love you. Neither of us would hurt you like that.”

“You certainly are defending her.”

“That’s it Alice. I can’t do this anymore tonight. Maybe tomorrow when you’ve calmed down we can talk about this.”

“You’re leaving?”

“Well I am not going to stay here and listen to this.”

“Oh, so I guess you’ll go stay with Edward and Bella? That would be convenient.”

“Damn you woman! Listen to yourself! You are single handedly driving me away. I am not going to Edward’s. I’ll stay at the hotel.”

“Of course you will! Don’t you get frequent flier points?”

“I’ll call you in the morning.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Edward, I am telling you there is something going on with them!”

“Alice please, I would know if there was something shady going on between them, Besides I asked both of them, and I believe them.”

“He left Edward. An innocent man does not leave.”

“He does if there’s no getting through to you.”

“Funny Edward. This is your marriage we’re talking about.”

“No Alice, this is your relationship we’re talking about. Mine is just fine.”

“Whatever Edward. I know what I saw, and I’m not letting up until I know the truth.”

“Then be prepared to be disappointed because I know nothing is going on between them. Whatever your issues are with Jasper don’t bring my wife into them.”

“What the hell does that mean?”

“That you have been itching to get married, That you’re disappointed you’re not even engaged yet and more so are afraid you never will.”

“Wow, those psych classes you took in college really paid off Dr. Phil.”

“Ok then Alice, I’m ready to get off the phone. You’re the one making waves here. We have all tried to tell you that there is nothing going on, but you keep pushing it. If you continue to do so you’ll not only lose Jasper and Bella, but you’ll lose me too. And one day you will regret it. So I’m gonna ask you to please take what Jasper and Bella are telling you and believe it.”

“I’m sorry Edward I just can’t. I will not put up with someone who cheats on me.”

“Well then there’s nothing else for me to say Alice. Just consider it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Good evening, Forks Hotel. This is Lauren how may I help you?”

“Hello, my name is Bella Cullen…”

“Oh yes, Mrs. Cullen. How was your meeting with Mr. Whitlock today?”

I knew it! “Meeting” my ass. “It went well Lauren.”

“Oh good. So all the details are worked out then? And the soon-to-be-bride is clueless?”

“Oh defini…” wait, what? Soon-to-be-bride? Who was… Oh shit.

“Um Lauren. Mr. Whitlock and I have changed our minds so often today I wasn’t sure what we ended up with could you tell me.”

“Sure Mrs. Cullen. Well, he booked the honeymoon suite for next week. I believe it’s the anniversary of when they first met right?”

“Yes.” I am a fool.

“And the florist will be here that day setting up the arrangements in the room. He decided on orchids and tulips.”

Of course he did. Those were my favorites. “He gave those to me, um to her, for prom.”

“He is such a sweet man. She is so lucky. Especially to have a best friend that would help him plan the proposal. He was so lost the first time he came in here! You’ve really helped him out.”

I am a horrible person. “Yeah. She’s the best.”

“Ok, then there is the bottle of Cristal from you and Mr. Cullen. The ring will be dropped off in the morning and stored in our safe.”

“You know what Lauren? Its ok, I found the information. Thank you for helping me out. I do have one more question though.” Before I rot in hell.

“What would that be Mrs. Cullen?”

“Is Mr. Whitlock there now?” Since I basically threw him out of our home.

“Let me look it up. Yes he checked in a few hours ago. Room 336. Would you like me to transfer you?”

“No thank you Lauren. You have helped me enough for the night.” And I am going down the shame spiral.

“Alright then Mrs. Cullen. I look forward to seeing you next week for the final preparations.”

“Goodnight Lauren.”

What the hell have I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment